Friday 5 April 2013

Friday's Craft Crush

OK I'm going to have to be absolutely honest with you and come clean... I'm not a great knitter! There, it's out. I can just about do a stocking stitch and knitting patterns make me break out in a cold sweat but I really do want to learn! My mum's a nifty knitter so she usually provides all my woolly needs... hum, I wonder if that's the problem, if she wasn't so darn good would that have prompted me to pick up my own needles and learn?!
What I need is inspiration and one book I've had the pleasure to view has done just that:
 "The knitted home" by Ruth Cross

She's my new girl crush and has managed to make me want to pick up those knitting needles and get clacking! Sumptuous photos of beautifully hand knitted home accessories and not a tea cosy in sight...



What Ruth has managed to do is compose a book which looks attractive and makes projects look achievable! Believe me for once I haven't closed a knitting book after reading the first set of instructions... I actually think I may tackle and succeed in making quite a few projects from this book and they are far from basic.
I really love the way she uses textures to add layers of interest to the home and this book has all that and more... I really can't wait to get started!
Now where did I put those knitting needles...

The Knitted Home, Ruth Cross (Jacqui Small Publishing)
To order The Knitted Home (9781906417727) for £16.00 including p&p*, telephone 01903 828503 and quote offer code JS197
 Or send a cheque made payable to: Littlehampton Book Services Mail Order Department, Littlehampton Book Services, PO Box 4264, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3TG. Please quote the offer code JS197 and include your name and address details. 
*UK ONLY - Please add £2.50 if ordering from overseas.

No comments: