Thursday 1 November 2012

This Christmas make it HAND MADE!

This Christmas make a conscientious effort to either make or buy hand made items! As a firm advocate for all things hand made I truly believe in the worth of buying more locally made/sourced items but also by doing this you are helping out the planet.
By thinking about where products come from and how they were produced you are making a positive, informed choice and it doesn't mean that cheap mass production will cease (though it would be nice!) I hope it will show the "big boys" on the High Street that we want change. The consumer's voice has never been so powerful so show them if you believe and want a change to a fairer and more environmentally friendly production process!
Not just a good move as you're helping your local economy but also it's a lovely way to show your family and friends that you care about them and the world we live in!!!
I'm not going to bore you with the intricate reasons why it's better to buy hand made...besides  I'm sure you know all about it anyway! Here are a few choice items that I love and a selection of projects I will be getting stuck into making for my loved ones...

Material World by Perri Lewis


the aviary


http://jillybird.co.uk/

Paper decoration tutorial

make your own cupcake to gift to your friends!




Make a circle scarf or leg warmers from an old jumper!



No comments: