Thursday 6 November 2008

Sneaky peek! Who's at the Christmas craft market?!




"Peppermint Twist" is gorgeous and fun!
Hand bags,clutches,purses...what else could a girl want?
We're sure that all you lovely fashionistas will be clambering over the tables
to get your hands on these little beauties...well won't we all?!
A must have for the party season.
www.pepperminttwist.co.uk

Peppermint twist: "I love sewing and have been making most of my own clothes since a teenager; I was running out of closet space... so I set up my label to use up my creative energies!
My designs are whimsical, playful yet practical. Common elements are appliqués of horses, ponies, hearts and doves, star-shaped cut-outs, punched motifs, and studded decorations.
Inspiration often comes from movies: vintage Hollywood glamour of the 40s and 50s, as well as 60s-70s movies such as Rosemary’s Baby, Nashville , Klute, The Eyes of Laura Mars, Manhattan …
Photography, old magazines, childhood books, fawns and horses are a great source of inspiration too… My designs are a little vintage-inspired!
technique: I use mostly leathers, the nappa (lamb) variety, as it supper soft and has a great textural feel. It also ages well, so my purses should last a long while."

No comments: